It’s funny to think that baby pandas enjoy sliding just like human kids do.
My sister introduced me to Teddy the porcupine today. All I can say is this is unreal. Sounds like something straight out of a cartoon! …Or my kids, haha. I think the only thing I haven’t seen now is an elephant fly. Dumbo eat your heart out!
A Study was done on 268 Harvard grads over a 75 year period to assess possible predictors of healthy aging. The main result above all else that led to the most fulfillment and satisfaction in life was: warmth of relationships. “Happiness is love. Full Stop.”
“The 75 years and 20 million dollars expended on the Grant study points…to a straight forward 5 word conclusion: Happiness is love. Full stop”
Here are the main findings:
- Alcoholism is a disorder of great destructive power.
- Alcoholism was the main cause of divorce between the Grant Study men and their wives.
- Strongly correlates with neurosis and depression, which tended to follow alcohol abuse, rather than precede it.
- Together with associated cigarette smoking, was the single greatest contributor to their early morbidity and death.
- Financial success depends on warmth of relationships and, above a certain level, not on intelligence.
- Those who scored highest on measurements of “warm relationships” earned an average of $141,000 a year more at their peak salaries (usually between ages 55 and 60).
- No significant difference in maximum income earned by men with IQs in the 110–115 range and men with IQs higher than 150.
- Political mindedness correlates with intimacy: Aging liberals have more sex.
- The most-conservative men ceased sexual relations at an average age of 68.
- The most-liberal men had active sex lives into their 80s.
- The warmth of childhood relationship with mothers matters long into adulthood:
- Men who had “warm” childhood relationships with their mothers earned an average of $87,000 more a year than men whose mothers were uncaring.
- Men who had poor childhood relationships with their mothers were much more likely to develop dementia when old.
- Late in their professional lives, the men’s boyhood relationships with their mothers—but not with their fathers—were associated with effectiveness at work.
- The warmth of childhood relationships with mothers had no significant bearing on “life satisfaction” at 75.
- The warmth of childhood relationship with fathers correlated with:
- Lower rates of adult anxiety.
- Greater enjoyment of vacations.
- Increased “life satisfaction” at age 75.
Brilliant. A compilation of Captain Picard bringing a Christmas classic to life. I love it.
Interesting and aesthetically soothing video of Marble being extracted from a Quarry.
I spent a little more time on this one. I’m a huge Luis Carroll/Alice in Wonderland fan and I wanted to do a more legit fun wedding party photo so I sent them down the rabbit hole!
More from my wedding. Turns out my groomsmen look better blowing up a building than walking down the isle. #Winning!
From my wedding. I couldn’t help myself. You’re welcome.
Just had to add some photoshop humor to my wedding photos! Couldn’t resist. We didn’t plan it so no one was actually posed for these pictures and I had to piece them together from here and there, but despite the quality I am satisfactorily amused 🙂